- Completed the Ironman Wisconsin 2017.
- Ran the Grandma’s Marathon 2017
- Had my first Solo Art Gallery event at the Hairpin Arts Center, invited 2 feature artists alongside me.
- Signed up for the Mont-Tremblant #IMMT on August 19 Ironman 2018. #2 New Goals.
- Started a blog post a month, sharing the lessons I learned as I trained for the Ironman Wisconsin. Here is January’s post.
- Leon officially retired Jan 1, 2017.
- Attended my nieces wedding: Ashley Beder
- I ran # half marathons and 2 marathons this year.
- Rode the loop again for Ironman training with Mia.
- Traveled to Mexico to renew at a Yoga retreat.
- Rode one loop of the Ironman Course for the first time with Rita Hookstead.
- Tried for the first time doing an Open Water Swim with my wetsuit and completed my first Aquathon.
- Ran the Green Bay Half Marathon with my brother.
- Completed my first olympic triathlon of the year through J-Hawks Early Bird Triathlon.
- Swam first longest practice swim in open water, in Lake Monona.
- Completed the Wisconsin Triterium Olympic Triathlon, 3rd in age group.
- Completed Lake Mills Sprint Triathlon.
- Completed Pardeeville Triathlon.
- Completed the Tri-ing for Children’s Olympic Triathlon, 2nd in age group.
- Completed The Door County half Ironman (70.3 distance triathlon).
- Completed The Wausau Marathon, 1st in age group. Look at all those medals.
- Completed the River Sprint Triathlon, 2nd in age group.
- Completed my Ironman Training Recap story, here it is if you want to read it.
- Swam Booth Lake, 3 mile swim in Open water, first time and several times after for training.
- Cycled Race the Lake, starting in Fon du Lac and riding my bike 100 miles around Lake Winnebago.
- Swam 500 yards in water this year.
- Completed my first Ironman.
- Wore a wetsuit.
- Rode over 100 miles on my bike.
- Swam in a cold lake at 6 a.m. for over 3 miles.
- Ran Marquette Half Marathon.
- Completed Lake Country Olympic Triathlon, 3rd in age group.
- Secured a 3 acre plot of land just south of Egg Harbor in Door County and purchased our blueprint of the house plan we plan to build on the land. And the journey begins.
- Met all sorts of new friends, runner friends, fashion friends, eclectic friends, nutritionist friends, yogi friends, academic friends, professional friends, holistic friends and athlete friends. Let me see if I can tag everyone, please let me know if I missed someone: Mia, Dru, Tanya, Tony, Tony, Jacque, Jennifer, Jeni, Alison, Paula, Andrew, Erica, Amy, Shaun, Stanley, Barbara, Sharon, Julie, Fierce Endurance Tribe, Matthew, Dori, Joleen, Steve, Karen, Kenneth, Kitty, J.a., Jonna, Garth).
- Reconnected with a faithful childhood friend.
- Family run together at the Gobble Wobble Thanksgiving Run.
- Started Money Monday’s with Barbara Stanny.
- Continued taking Ph.D. Courses for Organizational Management.
- Took my Project Management Professional Certification.
- Completed the Late-bird Olympic distance triathlon, 1st in age group.
- Finished the Green Bay Hot Cider Hustle Half Marathon.
- Jefferson hosted the Harry Potter Festival in October, and I had to get involved in the event to see what it was all about.
- Ran Hot Cider Hustle, Oct 29, 2017
- Ran Noodleini Half Marathon with my brother, November 2017.
What a Year!! 2017 was a year of strong athleticism and growth, hard work, achievement and success.
2018 is planned for 2 major goals: I will complete the IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant #IMMT on August 19, 2018 and I will swim my first 2 mile Point to La Pointe in Bayfield.
Feel free to comment on the many things that I listed or forgot. Also, I'm sorry if I didn't mention you or if you are not tagged in this note.
Some of the pictures posted on Facebook.
"That's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination." - Walt Disney
See you at the finish line
Health. Fitness. Spiritual. Meditation. Social. Money. Career. Creativity. Balance.
#cycle #bike #cyclist #running #healthylifestyle