Saturday, April 10, 2010

More about K.M Groshek…

I am an award winning author & illustrator of Bug's Adventure Series. Here’s my website with my books http://kmgroshek.com/  and I am currently working on a Young Adult Series; in the research phase right now.

I have been an Executive Consultant, for the past 20 years, working with fortune 100 companies and start up business, as a Transformation Expert, basically I work with senior executives helping them redesign or reorganize their companies. (There’s more to it, but I think you get the jest) The past couple of years (before 2009)  I would fly out to CA or NY or wherever on Sunday then fly back to WI on Thursday evenings. I was pretty exhausted,   so I decided to take some time off of work to give myself some rest. I also teach at DePaul University and UW Whitewater as an adjunct faculty, received my 2nd masters and am working on my doctorate (just started).

Currently, I have discovered many new things about myself, many ways I can help people, communities and the world.

Besides being an Executive Coach, I am a Health and Fitness Coach; I help individuals to lose weight, eat healthy and refocus their life vision (similar to what I do with companies but it's on a personal level).

I also teach a virtual year long class called "Publish Your First Book" where I guide people through the process to get their first book published. Here's my brochure for you to read more about it: http://kmgroshek.com/studyguide/WriteYourFirstBookClass-Brochure.pdf

Distinction…
I believe in living an authentic, creative and resilient life; I am an author and illustrator of the childrens' books Bug’s Adventure Series®, Floyd the Fire Truck Series®, Buddy the Healthy Guy Series®, and Sophia the Crabb Series® (children’s books, games and cartoons). I love to challenge myself, I have run 5 marathons (2 chicago, 2 madison and 1 Disney), 28 half marathons in 28 states, 42 half marathons in my lifetime and completed 5 Sprint-Distance Triathlons, 1 Olympic Distance Ironman and 1 Long-Course or Half Ironman Triathlons in my lifetime, so far!

What do you hope to accomplish over the next 10 years?


I have plans to go to Ethiopia to volunteer for a month later this year to help build communities there and then next year go back and work for Layla's house, which is an orphanage for kids with aids. This is something that my husband and I want to do in the next couple of years.



Complete my first Ironman (so to me it would be Ironwoman, ha ha) and finish up running a half marathon in all 50 states, maybe even run a marathon somewhere in another country; have successful cartoon(s) at several film festivals (including Sundance and international film festivals), (with supportive producers, directors and agents that encourage me along the way); with positive public response; and successfully complete and publish my first fiction novel.

Describe yourself in one word.
Driven

Do you have a mantra?
Aim, Purpose and Arrive!

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Any regrets?
Wish I was a better person to others; and I would passionately understand other people's feelings better.  I keep working on this each day.

How would you like to be remembered?
I’d like to be remembered as being Honest, Caring, Loving, and Helpful person.

Any bad habit’s?
Leaving dishes in the sink.

What person do you admire most?
My husband and daughter! (I know that's 2, but that's my answer)

How do you indulge yourself?
An evening with a nice glass of red wine or hot tub.

Fill in the blank…I wish I could…
Have enough money to be able to do all of the things I want, (my vision, my passion and travel), not have to worry about money or risk.

What drives you to succeed?
Doing what I love and if I can positively influence others in anyway (this makes me feel good inside). I hope that my stories will help others; so, they can learn through the stories I share.

If your house were on fire, what one thing would you save?
My husband and daughter, (if they are in the house) - things are replaceable, they aren't.

What has been your most surreal, “pinch-me-I’m-dreaming” moment so far?
Attending the Oscar and Sundance gift lounge, meeting celebrities; and celebrities, producers, directors and agents asking me to autograph my book for them.  Meeting Donna Mills, Deidre Hall, Aaron Rogers and Kevin Sorbo; and having dinner with Christopher Cerf (producer of) and the Between the Lions visionary.

People would be surprised to learn that…
I use to be a model for a college life-drawing class

What is your biggest fault?
Not being patient and thinking that I don't select the right words when I speak.

What has been your most spectacular failure?
I fail a lot, almost every day.  The one that stands out as biggest impact is losing my job, 10 years ago.  This devastated my spirit; however, this is just one of many spectacular failures.

What’s next for you?
I want to continue to learn about the animation and production process.  I will continue working on writing my young adult novel.  I plan to join a bike riding group to learn the proper techniques for bike racing and work with a USS swim coach to learn the proper swim stroke techniques and continue working on strength training.  I want to volunteer in another country, help rebuild a community in need.  I want to continue to donate my books to kids who cannot afford them, hoping they can enjoy my stories and learn the lessons written in them.  My biggest hope is to receive positive recognition for my Cartoon (maybe be nominated at the Oscars), and receive an award (maybe even the Caldecott) for one of my books. 



1 comment:

Just_because_today said...

loved to read your answers!!! I need to check this more often. I just dont find your blog!