Sunday, June 13, 2010

Do I Go or NOT Go?

To go or not to go?

If you are an avid fitness buff, or a runner like myself, you know how easy it is to wake up and talk yourself out of going out to run, walk, or whatever you choose.  If you don't get up, put those shoes on and get out the door; instead, you decide, "Oh, I'll make a cup of coffee" or "Maybe I'll check my emails" or "Maybe I'll read that book" etc etc, pretty soon it's way past the time and you no longer have the opportunity to run.

Yes, it's very easy to talk oneself out of doing something. So easy!  Instead of talking yourself out of it, as the add says, "just do it!"  If you don't you'll regret it and be unhappy with yourself that you didn't.  If you do, you get another solo experience of running on the quiet country roads, the birds chirping and singing around you, everyone still sleeps quietly behind the blinds of their dark-windows.  You, on the other hand, are out there, waking every muscle of your body up.  Gaining energy, more oxygen in your blood as you take each step toward home.

You are happy you went, because if you talked yourself out of it, you would still be here reading this blog.  So, get up, get your shoes on, take a walk out that door, and enjoy the waking morning!

Now go.... I did!!!

No comments: