Wednesday, June 23, 2010

When people go to work, they shouldn't have to leave their hearts at home.~Betty Bender

Will you listen to your own heart, your own truth, no matter which way it leads you?
I always wondered how truthful a person should be. When people are at work they constantly are talking around the truth to get ahead. Or if you see something wrong in a business, do you actually tell them? I was talking with a friend about this a while back and she told me it depends upon the situation. Does it depend on the situation to decide to be truthful or not?

As a transformation consultant, companies actually hire me for this one thing, to come in to their business and assess what's going on and to be honest about the outcome.  Sometimes I have to be direct to those people who are not being honest with themselves or others; however, being honest doesn't have to be hurtful.  I've learned that.  But some won't listen until I am brutal.  It takes several days or even weeks, they get it eventually.

There have been so many times in my life that I noticed something and wanted to tell that person the truth about what I see; like when a person is starting a business for the first time and their prices are way out of line or even if someone has some food in their teeth, I tell them.  This is helpful it leads to no possible embarrassment later in the day or loss of clients later in the week.

I figure, I only have one life to live.  A true life. If it is true that there is an afterlife, then so be it, at least I can say I was honest in this life.  I try anyway.  It's all in how I present the truth.  Hopefully, my conscience will have learned a lesson and carry what I've learned forward.

No comments: