Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Yes Grandma I am Crocheting!!

My friend posted beautiful newborn baby pictures, of her new god-son. His cute, pudgy face was all puckered up with this over sized, loose-fitting stocking cap on his head. It looked homemade. I wondered if they received handmade caps as donations, so I asked my friend. Sure enough, the caps are hand-knit or crocheted and donated to the hospital to give one to each newborn. I wanted to pull out my crochet needles and start making hats for these precious newborns. So, I started looking for patterns that I liked and went to the store to pick out just the right skeins of yarn to begin my venture, crocheting my first newborn cap.

Boy, it's been a long time since I've crocheted.  The only knitting/crochet project I remember truly completing was this mint green sweater that I created in high school.  I remember pulling it out every chance I got, during work-breaks and watching TV and babysitting.  I don't have that sweater anymore.  I wish I would have saved it, it was a treasure.  I remember it as if it was yesterday; it wasn't exactly even on both sides, one sleeve was a little longer than the other, with popcorn stitches and it was really pretty.  I was very proud of that sweater.

I hope the newborns under this little cap stay warm, a little something hand-knit with love.

3 comments:

River Glorious said...

These hats are so cute! Good job there! :)

DebsCrafts said...

Your caps are adorable, welcome to the the wonderful world of crocheting for charity.

CrochetDad said...

It's so rewarding to crochet for others. These hats will be treasured.