Tuesday, June 1, 2010

You're a Strange "little" Man....

I love that saying, "you're a strange "little" man".


I heard it once in the 3rd-time remake of A Christmas Story.  The pudgy old man playing the Ghost of Christmas present would say, "You're a Strange "Little" Man" in a melodious way that made me laugh again and again, each time I heard it.  

It's funny how things stick in memory!  

Like the time when I was no more than 12 years old, walking along the daily-route to elementary school; seeing a man on the loading dock at a local cheese factory.  I remember the scents of musky cheese that filled the air as I captured the snap-shot of the man crouching down to pick up one of the many boxes piled high on the raised dock, left by the trucker that just drove off.  This memory is preserved as a brilliant image in my mind.  

It's an amazing thing, our memory!

There are so many times my short-term memory does not prevail and again and again, I have to look back at my notes if I am lucky enough to jot the information down once I heard it; when other times, like this, when I remember a short-term vision, vividly, after over 30 years of experiences.  

I love how the mind works! 


It's a wonderous thing, that "strange "little" mind of ours!

No comments: