Monday, July 12, 2010

Simple Beauty

There is beauty all around you; all you have to do is see it. ~Kelly Sylte

Having traveled for years as a consultant for work to different states and countries; I'd fly out on Sunday's and then back to my home state on Thursday's. Traveling really gave me a sense of appreciation for my home state, cities, the countryside and other locations. Coming home, I would walk out of the airport and suck in the beautiful scents in the air and on my drive to my destination I saw the different greens in the landscape glow as the hues transitioned in color.  The leaves fluttered on the trees and the hay bent like soft feathers in the golden green fields. The shaped clouds in the blue sky looked as if it were painted in a watercolor.

It is a beautiful site!

It's so easy to get stuck in the thought that this place isn't the best or that it's better somewhere else, when in reality, each place has it's wondrous beauty, I just need to stand and see it, appreciate it, and take time to breath it in.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

i often forget what a beautiful area i live in. when i finally wake up and realize it, i'm amazed at how blind i've become to it.

Νυχτερινός Ποδηλάτης said...

hello there, first time on this blog, i found you on daily mile! i happen to live in a place which is too hot in the summers, there are no rivers, you can count the trees. but i love it. i go biking in the dust and feel the heat. i live! and we live only once (i think :))
i live in Cyprus and, sorry my blog is in Greek.

Just_because_today said...

everything has its beauty

K.M. Groshek said...

True Myriam, but I wonder why it took me so long to see it? =S

Anonymous said...

Beauty is so much more appreciated when leaving a certain area and then returning to it. I love the beauty of the countryside!
Patoosock

Anonymous said...

Beauty is so much more appreciated when leaving a certain area and then returning to it. I love the beauty of the countryside!
Patoosock