Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."~Aesop

A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.-- St. Basil

I was driving my regular route through the city this morning and an odd event occurred.

I was driving toward the stop light with a car in front of me.

The car abruptly stopped, put the hazard lights on, and the driver got out of his car.

At first I was confused, then I noticed a disabled person sitting in a wheel chair trying to reach for the walk button.    The gentleman walked over to the lady and started talking with her with animated gestures.

He quickly stooped down, and gradually lifted her front wheels out of the mud.

She was stuck! =S

All of the sudden, the lady beamed a wide smile that glimmered in the morning sun.  I could tell that she was thanking the man profusely.

The light turned green and I went on my merry way, with tears in my eyes, thinking how this act of kindness was a special start to my day.

No comments: