Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day!

I woke up this morning and looked out my hotel window to find over 6 inches of snow, and there's more coming.  Crazy winter.  Not unusual for the northern midwestern states.  Winter weather gives me a Yin-Yang emotional feeling.  I like walking out in the fresh glistening snow; but, when it comes to day-to-day, it becomes an irritant for me.  My thoughts lean toward, "I really don't want to drive in this." And, "I don't want to do anything."

BAD, Bad, bad thoughts.

It's so easy to get into a slump of these thoughts.  Especially, when I read notes from my friends who live in the southern states, who can get to run without the perturbing obstacle of the winter snow.  Sure, many of my friends enjoy the snow.  Those who can stay in their warm cozy homes, drinking coffee and seeing off their kids to school.  Then, at their leisure, can get their snowshoes out and walk on their purchased land as they desire.  On their schedule.

It's not always fun watching that, especially, when I'm dealing with so much personally and am trying to get back on track professionally.  I keep struggling forward with obstacles like, my weight, eating habits, doing the responsible thing, which is going to work day-in-day-out.

I'm not certain my thoughts are positive today, but, wanted to post me in a hum-drum slump.

In another few minutes, I will turn the corner and forge forward out in the snow; clear my car windows from the cold snow and then drive the short blocks to work.

No comments: