Sunday, July 22, 2012

Psychology of Social Media: Day 14

I am thinking lately, how I am missing out on learning what people are doing, seeing pictures people are posting and articles people post on Facebook. I thought about sneaking on my daughters Facebook page to see what pictures her friend posted of her when they went out Samba dancing last night. I like being a part of my daughter’s life, watching from the outside or peripherals (as my Dad says that as the kids transition to adulthood, we live our live precariously through theirs, watching from the peripherals).

I then start thinking, if I would go back on Facebook, how easily I would get sucked in and be looking around and posting silly quotes and other things on my webpage that I find.  Wasting a lot of my valuable time.

My life has picked up in the past 2 weeks.  I'm back on track with so many aspects of my life.  Looking forward, instead of inside everyone else's life.  There are so many things I haven't even started yet that are just sitting there waiting for me to continue, like my next book, the interviews and new endeavors that just sit there stairing back at me when I see them.

I'm not doing too bad, no Facebook for 2 weeks now.  Let's see how this holds up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!! Not a fan of Facebook ;-)