Thursday, July 26, 2012

Psychology of Social Media: Day 18

Your individuality is the most valuable thing you have.--Martha Beck

First off, I can't believe it's been 18 days!  They say it takes 30 days to build a habit into your life.  Let's see how this goes.

Thought about Facebook some today on my 3 mile walk during lunch hour.  It was a short thought, thinking how I am so happy to be out walking instead of sitting in front of the computer.

Then later, I heard on the news that Facebook's A rating didn't go well in the stock market because they are having a hard time connecting technology with making money.  And their adds are something that people don't necessarily care about, like why would I even click on an add that asks me to enroll in Phoenix University online school.  ("Not interested")  I guess, it's that go-to-market strategy that I think both Mark and Sheryl (first and second in command) are having a hard time figuring out.  They bring on over 40 Billion users for free and their perception is "I can use this tool for free instead of communicating using a cell phone which costs money."  Why would people want to make a shift and have to pay for a Facebook Social Media service. Not likely.

That is all I can think about for Day 18.

No comments: