Saturday, July 28, 2012

Psychology of Social Media: Day 20

Was riding on the back of the Harley ride today.  Started thinking about what a few of my high school friends were up to.  Realizing that this is the only thought, not necessarily Facebook related because I think many of my high school friends were watching me and trying to keep up, without making comments on my page, just lurking around my page.  I know that several do, just to keep up with the Jones'.  So, for now, I think it's best I'm not on  Facebook because I really was starting to feel like more people were lurking than interacting with me on Facebook.  Then, when I see people, they think they already know what my life is about, when in reality, the entirety of who I am, isn't represented there on the little page.

I'm watching the Olympics right now, and when summer Olympics is going on, I typically follow the medal count.  It took me a while to find the information, and here it is. http://www.london2012.com/medals/ 

The reason I bring this up, is because it would be useful to be able to access the Olympics Facebook page and the place that we at today, The Wheelhouse Restaurant, to learn of any cool events or shows they may be having.  Another reason why it's nice to be on Facebook.

My thoughts continue, without being on Facebook for 20 days.

No comments: