Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Psychology of Social Media: No Facebook Day 9

Where did the time go?  I have been so busy that I missed a day of logging my thoughts related to not being on Facebook.  Now here I am, day 9 without accessing Facebook.  As you can guess, my days have been full of so many things that I did not get a chance to even write on my blog.

Let's see, thoughts related to Facebook.  It hasn't fazed me much, I did change my behavior and called both of my sisters on the phone, to talk rather then sending a message.  I think both were surprised by the call, given that Facebook has been the mode of communication for my family.

I can say, things have opened up, I have more time and am doing more things.  I even brought a book along with me today to read.  Now, THAT has been a while.  I think being on Facebook has consumed my time, and I haven't had an interest in reading.  I've always been an avid reader, probably the person who would readily pick up a book most when growing up.  I would sit in my bedroom for hours reading a Stephen King novel or some other book.  The major thought today, I'm reading again, and it all has to do with me "not" going on Facebook.  I feel like I'm getting my life back.

Other than that, things are good, not much to report today.

No comments: