Friday, August 3, 2012

Psychology of Social Media: Day 26

A new day...

I thought about Facebook at the end of my run today.  I remember the feeling I had with Facebook bogging me down, just knowing I would be on it made me felt like some other thing in my life was taken away.  You see, I feel much lighter without going on Facebook.  I remembered how my family relies so heavily on it.  Putting myself in my sisters shoes, who lives 250 miles away from me, going on to try to peak into each of our lives.  Realizing I'm not there anymore.  However, I'm still here.

I'm not certain, but I think a community can get addicted to Facebook, thinking this is the only means to communicate.  Forgetting, there are all other devices, phones, texting and talking, emailing, a nice talk over coffee and even snail mail.

Neither here nor there, it's about forgetting why we have the tools in the first place, to connect with each other, care about each other and listen to what people are dealing with and supporting them along the way.  The tool is a means to getting there.

No comments: