Sunday, August 5, 2012

Psychology of Social Media: Day 28

So, I had a very busy weekend.  I attended a leadership class this weekend in Philadelphia.  People were curious where I was at in the program. Here is how the conversation went down.

I'm sitting in a restaurant, there are five of us sitting around a table.  Lisa, my classmate, asks me, "How is the program going for you?"

I said, "I've been focusing on getting my life back in order, back in integrity.  One of the things that has been causing this is being on Facebook too much.  It's been taking a lot of my time away from other things that are important to me.  So, 28 days ago, I decided to no longer use Facebook and disable my account."

"I've been keeping a daily blog about how this is working for me.   It's interesting how free I feel, how much more I'm getting done, and getting my health back in integrity.  I am working out on a continuous basis and I'm even going to hot yoga at least 5 times a day.  I'm considering taking on a PhD and really see my life changing because I no longer am out of integrity, by going on Facebook every moment of every day."

I mentioned the down-falls too, as mentioned in previous blogs, summarizing this in conversation with the group.

Lisa responded, "I really respect you for that."

Being busy is taking me away from any concern that I might have about accessing Facebook.

It's all good.

No comments: