Sunday, August 19, 2012

Psychology of Social Media: Day 42

Kim Contemplating!
Okay kids!  I think I'm going back on Facebook.  I really need a Social Media prevention counselor.  Shall I go on or not?  That is the question.

The reason I got off is because I was out of integrity in my life.  What does that mean?  It means that I was sitting on Facebook more than doing things in my life and my finances, my personal relationships and my goals were being impacted.  What shall I do?

I feel like I'm losing connection with my friends and not keeping up, they are sharing and moving forward with what they are up to.  I stopped at my friends house on a bike ride and she wasn't home, found out her daughter and her wedding party were at the Dirty Girl Mud run.  (my daughter told me because she saw pictures posted on Facebook).

I am struggling today and will wait a while before reactivating my account, but for now, I'm leaning toward it... =S

2 comments:

Shayla said...

i think you should go back on if you're leaning that way. you time off has taught you what you had been sacrificing in the rest of your life, so you can probably come back to facebook refreshed. and maybe set some rules like: only login once (or twice) a day. never login first thing in the morning or as the last thing you do before bed. don't feel guilty for going back. social media is a large part of our lives, whether we like it or not, and realizing that is half the battle. good luck!

K.M. Groshek said...

Thank you Shayla, for the wonderful advice. I think that is a great idea!!!! I logged in this evening, check my daughers page, checked my page for likes and checked the news feed. And now I'm done!!! You are awesome and thanks