Friday, October 26, 2012

My Favorite Things

My daughter and I love the song from the Sound Of Music, "My Favourite Things." Especially around the holidays!

I have this song on my mind today, "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Brown paper packages tied "UP" with strings, these are a few of my favorite things. I could go on-and-on, we know the lyrics by heart. It got me thinking, what are MY favorite things."  We would sing and spin around the room, dancing, laughing and having fun!

So I thought I would share what's on my mind!  My list of favorite things... 
1. Walking on the bike trails in Wisconsin. Any time of the year!  Fall is my favorite all time because the trees and scents are magnificient; still anytime of the year is amazing because the seasons in Wisconsin are all beautiful!
2. Angel Perfume, it's my favorite!
3. Steal Cut Oatmeal with brown sugar, bananas, dried cranberries and walnuts with a little dab of skim milk.
4. Taking long bike rides with my husband.
5. Spending time with and hanging out with my daughter.
6. Hot Yoga!
7. Creating, Painting and Writing!
8. Dressing up in all sorts of unique get-ups!
9. Having coffee and watching the sun come up in the morning!
10. Spanish Hot Chocolate - Chocolate Caliente.
11. Trying new and unusual things!
12. Taking long walks in the colorado mountains and watching the early morning sunrise over the mountaintops!
13. Hanging out with my friends!!!!
14. Traveling!!!
15. Just being present and having fun!



What are your favorite things?

Two quotes I want to leave you with...
Beauty is the first present nature gives to women and the first it takes away.~George B. MTrT and
"Where there is love there is life." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: