Saturday, December 8, 2012

Change it up! It makes a world of difference...

It's so great to have friends, who connect me back to the world.  I have to admit, I've been in a bit of a slump lately.  It's been easy to get up and play around in the research world and not take care of myself.  I've skipped out on any form of exercise for over 3 weeks and my body can tell.

Yesterday, was a day to get up, shower, get dressed up and out, to meet with my close friend for coffee.  Out of this meeting, over a two hour catch up conversation, I was able to reconnect to the community, re-engage with my friend and make a running commitment; for today, which was a run in the 10k Jingle bell run.

I am so happy we ran today, it felt good to get out.  My body would tell you otherwise, because it isn't really in the shape it could be to run the 6+ mile run, but I made it just the same.  It was nice to reach for the hot cocoa afterwards.  We even got some shopping in, came home with a new sweater and jacket onsemble.  "Shopping Therapy."  I'm not much of a shopper, but it helps when someone needs to stop at a couple of stores to do their own errands, I kept going through the clothes racks, and saying, "shopping therapy."  It sure was and it worked.  I feel much better!  I accomplished something.

If you are feeling a little blue, I suggest getting outside, take a walk, run or just do something different.  Change it up, it makes a world of difference.

1 comment:

Patti G. said...

Hi Kim,
Wishing you and Leon and Staci a wonderful Christmas! The ornament swap is really a lot of fun and a way to had a handmade touch to your tree! :) I participate in the swap that is run by another artful friend. If there are openings next year, I will keep your name to suggest. You could start one of your own....it would be lots of fun, with family and friends!

You look to have had a great time with your JingleBellRun! Good for you.

Glad you liked our card...it was meant to bring a little fun. :)
Love,Patti