Thursday, December 13, 2012

My New Book in the Works! Leadership... What?

So, as many of you know, I have been writing a book about Leadership and many of you who are on LinkedIN and Facebook had the opportunity to vote on the best title. It came down to three and I picked the title, "Leadership... What?" I included a subtitle which adds a better description,"Leadership... What? Finally, proven tools you can use instantly to boost the results of those you lead in the practice of everyday life."

My 1st draft is coming back from those of you who have offered to critique it.  I am so thankful to be surrounded by strong leaders in the industry.  I received constructive feedback and worked on enhancing my stories and illustrations this week.  Now, I am sending the next draft off to several people who will critique the book from another lens.  I am asking each person that they are precise and realistic.  I want each person to read with integrity.  I'm looking for honest feedback.  Because why publish a book if it does not provide value to the general population, right?

One of the illustrations in the book.
The next request for your vote and ideas will be conducted on social media.  I want to get some ideas for the cover.  So far, you will see the picture that I drafted for the current cover.  I'm not certain that this depicts the applied leadership concepts in the book, so I will ask each of you to share your ideas for the final cover. The final cover design is in the works. What would you think the cover should be?

The book is already being considered to be used at the university in the Women's Leadership study courses and several fortune 100 companies are interested in incorporating it into their brown bag lunch workshop series.

Leadership... What?  will hit the bookstores in May of this coming year.

So what do you think?

No comments: