Garlic Pepper Tofu & Broccoli
Super-fast and ultra-easy, this recipe will quickly find a prized place in your recipe box -- you'll come back to it again and again. It deliciously wraps crisp, seared broccoli and firm tofu in a silky-smooth blend of peanut butter, fresh garlic, and cracked pepper. Serve. Enjoy. Repeat.
1 lb. firm tofu, cubed
2 cups broccoli
1/3 cup canola oil
2 Tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
1 Tbsp. fresh garlic, minced (about 3 cloves)
2 Tbsp. peanut butter
1/2 cup water
Freshly cracked black peppercorns, to taste
Fresh cilantro, as garnish
1. Cut tofu into 1" cubes or strips. Fry tofu over medium-high in a skillet until evenly browned. You can do this in a dry pan if it is non-stick.
2. In the meantime, mix the sauce ingredients and heat in microwave (or saucepan) for about 1 minute to melt peanut butter, stir well.
3. When tofu is almost done browning and firming up to your liking, add broccoli to the skillet and cook on high heat to lightly cook and scorch the broccoli (4-5 minutes).
4. Allow pan to cool briefly, then add the sauce and stir to coat the tofu and broccoli.
5. Garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro.
6. Serve over steamed rice.