- 1/2 Cups raw cashews, soaked in warm water for at least 30 minutes, rinse well.
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and seeded (Note: to roast a pepper on a gas stovetop, hold the whole pepper over an open flame and roast, turning frequently, until the pepper is black all over. To roast peppers in an oven, put washed peppers in a cast-iron skillet or roasting pan and roast them for 45 minutes to an 1 hour at 400 F. Put peppers into a plastic bag or heat proof container with a lid, and let them sweat until cooled. When the peppers are cooled peal blackened skin).
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- Zest Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
To Make "Cheese Sauce":
Combine soaked cashews, tahini, roasted red pepper, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, lemon zest juice, cayenne pepper and 1/4 cup of water in Blender. Blend on high until smooth.
"Refried" Bean dip (fresh):
- One 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Fresh Tomato Salsa
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
To make "Refried" Bean dip:
Add beans, salsa, and chili powder in a food processor. Blend until smooth, then add water as needed. Place pureed beans in a medium saucepan and warm over low heat.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro, parsley, or lettuce
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato salsa
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomatoes Baked tortillas cut into chips
To assemble Nachos:
Layer ingredients and garnish with avocado, bake at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes. Add vegan sour cream on top optional.*
*Layered and baked Nachos.
~Reference: Forks Over Knives, the Cookbook.