- 6 tablespoons ground coffee (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups cold water
- Whipped cream, cinnamon sticks and/or additional orange peel, optional
- Combine the coffee, orange peel, ginger and cinnamon; pour into a coffee filter. Brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- Pour into mugs; garnish with whipped cream, cinnamon sticks and orange peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: Look for crystallized or candied ginger in the spice or baking section of your grocery store.
Nutritional Facts1 cup (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 22 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.