Saturday, February 2, 2013

Recipe for today: Spice - Cajun Seasoning Mix

Cajun Seasoning Mix 

I ran across Cajun Seasoning Mix as I was making a vegan chili recipe and found that Cajun is a mix of seasonings.  It is basically salt with a variety of spices.  This is how I created my version of Cajun seasoning mix.

Ingredients

Original recipe makes
6 1/2 Tablespoons
Change Servings
 2 1/2 tablespoons salt
 1 tablespoon dried oregano
 1 tablespoon paprika
 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
  • table salt, (being vegan I exclude the salt)
  • 26 oz cayenne pepper, 
  • 5 tbs black pepper, 
  • 3 tbs onion powder, 
  • 3 tbs garlic powder, 
  • 3 tbs chili powder, 
  • 3 tbs thyme, 
  • 1 tbs sweet basil, 
  • 1 tbs bay leaf, 
  • 1 tbs Mix Seasoning 

Add all the seasoning, except salt, in a blender. Cover and blend to a fine consistency. * Don't breath the dust - it throws me into a sneezing frenzy!   Mix the blended spices with the salt until you achieve a uniform color (As vegan I don't add the salt).

No comments: