- 1 Prepared Dairy-Free Graham Cracker Crust (see Headnote)
- ¼ cup Egg Replacer powder
- ¼ cup plus 2 T. hot water
- 8 oz. fresh strawberries, stems removed, chopped
- 1 ¼ cup sugar, divided
- 1 T. corn starch dissolved in 1 T. cold water
- 32 oz. dairy-free soy cream cheese (4 8-oz. tubs), such as Tofutti
- 1 t. vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Set aside preparedDairy-free Graham Cracker Crust.
2. In a small bowl, combine the Egg Replacer powder with the hot water, stirring quickly with a spoon until mixture is consistent and slightly stiff. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the strawberries with 1/4 cup of the sugar, stirring well until the sugar has dissolved. Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes, or until the strawberries are softened and the juices have combined with the sugar to form a thin syrup. Add the corn starch mixture, and, stirring constantly, cook until the mixture is consistent and thick, resembling strawberry preserves. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, mix the dairy-free cream cheese and remaining 1 cup sugar on medium speed until fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the Egg Replacer mixture and beat on high speed for 2 minutes more. Add the strawberry mixture and vanilla and beat for 1 more minute on high speed.
5. Pour the mixture over the prepared Dairy-free Graham Cracker Crust. Bake at 400 F for 5 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 300F, leaving the oven door open for several seconds to allow some of the heat to escape. Continue to bake the cups at 300F for about 30 to 40 minutes more, or until the cake is firm but slightly jiggly. Allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until set. Garnish with fresh strawberry halves and serve cold.