This wonderfully rich and mouth-watering vegan cheesecake is the perfect way to introduce friends and family to vegan food over the holidays. It will leave them wondering, "Is this really vegan?"
Crust (alternatively, use a store-bought crust):
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup margarine melted *replacement?
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Mix ingredients. Press into a spring form pan, a round cake pan, or two pie pans. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
- 12 ounces silken tofu
- 3 containers of vegan cream cheese (the hydrogenated Tofutti "Better Than Cream Cheese" works the best)
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 6 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon egg replacer
Preheat oven to 350F. Put the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Turn off oven and leave in for 15 minutes. The edges should be golden brown and starting to pull away from the side of the pan when done. Let cool for 4 hours before serving. Try drizzling with a raspberry sauce for an extra-special dessert.