2 1/2 cups chopped spinach (palak)
with coco milk)
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
2 1/2 tbsp fresh cream
2 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 1/2 cup cold milk
salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
For The Garnish (for Vegan, replace fresh cream
- Heat the butter in a kadhai, add the onions and saute on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the spinach and saute for 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups of water and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled blend in a blender to a smooth puree.
- Strain the mixture with help of a sieve and transfer it to a kadhai.
- Combine the cornflour- milk mixture and the cream in a bowl and mix well till no lumps remain, add to the spinach puree and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper and cook for 1 more minute.
- Serve hot garnished with cream.