Friday, June 14, 2013

Going Vegan: 6 months in...


It's been a half year since my friend, Laurie, suggested I watch Forks over knives a documentary that talks about how our American diets are getting us in deep trouble, making us sick, causing heart disease, diabetes and cancer. After this, my husband watched it. And I've been on a plant-based diet ever since. My husband is vegetarian taking CHEESE and milk products out of his diet entirely. I believe that JUST removing CHEESE From our diets has made a significant impact! WE BOTH feel so much better!!!! WE both are half marathon runners, my husband cut his running time down 20 minutes, he PR'd this year. And I feel SO MUCH better running my halves, well just getting back to it since ACL surgery 2 years ago. Before, typically sick and warn-out after a half, I now have MORE energy to even take a bike ride later in the day. Eating out.. We have discovered restaurants we probably would have never gone to before and the food is amazing. I've learned more about spices and herbs and natural ways to create sugars by combining different vegetables in a new way. IT''S AMAZING what a change to a healthy diet can do for you!!!!!!
 (9 photos)  Photos Here...

No comments: