Spaghetti Squash With Almonds
What you need
- 1 3-pound spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 400° F. Place the squash on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle the cut sides with 1 tablespoon of the oil, and turn cut-side down. Roast until tender, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread the almonds on a second rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the lime juice, honey, cumin, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- With a fork, gently scrape the strands of squash flesh into the bowl and toss with the lime juice mixture. Sprinkle with the almonds and scallions.