What this is about? It’s a Christmas Ornament swap. Each person “makes or buys” (your choice) 12 of the same ornament. You send 1 ornament each to 11 other participants and keep 1 ornament for yourself. You receive 11 different ornaments before Christmas and open one a day and hang your new custom made ornament on your tree. Giving you 12 new ornaments to brag about and enjoy!
What you get? You get 12 new beautiful Christmas ornaments for your tree.
Requirements: Ask 11 people plus yourself if they want to participate. 12 individuals will provide or make (at least 12) of the same ornaments, the Ornament is $5.00 or less, the Ornament is unique, the Ornament is handmade or purchased, and the Ornament will be sent by given date (November 23rd).
Steps… *These are the 12 Days of Christmas Ornament Exchange 2013 rules.
- You make or buy 1 ornament design and give the same ornament to 11 people, and save one for yourself, who agreed to be a part of the 12 Days of Christmas ornament swap.
- One ornament will be sent to each of the participants addresses on the list.
- You individually wrap each ornament.
- You are assigned a number for the ornament swap, your number will be listed by your name and address.
- Make an ornament, 12 times~
- Once you have completed making your 12 ornaments, take a picture of all 12.
- Send (Email) the picture of all 12 ornaments to me, the swap hostess, prior to sending your ornaments. (I'll post the picture on social media the day the ornament is planned to open). **New This Year!**
- You send your gift wrapped ornaments include YOUR ASSIGNED number taped on the outside wrapping of each of the 12 ornaments you send to the people listed so they have it by December 1st.
- You send out 1 ornament to each of the 12 people on or before the date.
- There will be a swap hostess. *that’s me, I will make sure communication is sent out regularly for the next couple months.
- Starting on the 1st day of December each person will open the ornament gift that is numbered in sequence and hangs them on your tree. (*so for example: on December 1, you will open #1 wrapped ornament, on December 2, you will open #2, and so on).
- The swap hostess will send a reminder email to give you a heads up that it’s time to mail wrapped ornaments around Thanksgiving 2013.
- Make or purchase 12 of the same ornaments,
- Take a picture and send (Email) the picture of all 12 ornaments to me, the swap hostess, prior to sending your ornaments. (I'll post the picture on social media the day the ornament is planned to open). **New This Year!**
- Individually wrap each of the 12 ornaments (*additional idea but not required but something fun IS to include a short word, story or sentence if you want that explains it's meaning)
- Place your assigned number on each wrapped ornament, visible so people know which order to open their gift.
- Address each ornament with one of the 11 addresses. Each ornament will be sent to different addresses from the address list.
- Send all 11 packages through the mail by last week of November, I suggest that you mail your ornaments by November 23rd to give the mail service enough time to ship the ornament to the appropriate person.
- Packages will be received on or before December 1st.
- You will open package #1 on December 1st and display it proudly for family and friends.
- You will open package #2 on December 2nd,
- And so on until you reach the last day of December 12th. *Hence, the name 12 days of Christmas ornament swap!
- Enjoy your 12 NEW BEAUTIFUL ORNAMENTS for 2013!