Friday, September 6, 2013

Seize the day...

I woke up this morning around 8:30ish. I've been sleeping in later in the mornings lately. Yesterday I took my bike into Whitewater to the gym, worked out at the gym, then rode by bike back home. I was pretty tired and cold when I got back home, so I went in the hot tub and red my book. Those Francine River's books are very good. Brings me back in touch with God's message, which is helpful to me. Keeping me grounded in what it right for me and God. I am working hard to get into the frame of mind to practice meditation each day. I haven't actually sat down and meditated, but it's on my mind and I know it's good for my heart and soul. It's important to me.

I head off to Mississippi tomorrow morning, very early. I figure if I hit the road by 4 am, I should make it there around 5 pm. The expo goes through 8 pm, so I could get my packet and find a good hotel. I unerstand the area is very southern. Well, I suppose, what do I expect, it is one of the most southern states in the US. I don't have plans to really stay and tour the area much, just arrive get checked in, if I have time to walk the area for an hour that's great. But, I'm sure I will be bushed after driving 12 1/2 hours there. The run is early, 6 am start. Which I like! Then I plan to head back, shower and start the drive back home. That's the plan anyway. We'll see where things take me.

I have a phone call with Tim Borland today, turns out I may be useful as a volunteer for developing his non-profit organization as a possible PM. We'll see how things roll forward. I'm hoping it turns into something rewarding (on several layers) and benefitial to both of us.

My head is foggy today, probably because I overdid exercise or added to my routine. It is good though, because I have to pick up my workouts for training for the chicago. I should hit a daily 10 milers by mid-july, hopefully. And I am hoping to run another marathon in July as well, maybe two, to get my behavior and timing more precise. I'm thinking if I can shave off another 5 minutes from my time, I will be back down to my personal best which is a 4:10. I'd like to hit a 4:00 but it would be really sweet if I hit a 3:50 which would be a Boston qualifier for my age division. I heard Boston is a very difficult race though and I'm not sure if I'd actually do it. Eh... probably will though. That's the whole point.

These are my thoughts for today.

No comments: