Friday, September 6, 2013

Today is a new day...

Not all of us can do great things.  But we can do small things with great love.  ~Mother Teresa

Beautiful quote!  A perfect day to wake up to another year of life.  Take a step, focus, breath.  Each moment, every millisecond is worth the present mindset.  Focus on it, let it resonate, be with the experience.  That exact experience.

It's been a while since I wrote something here, something that makes a difference from  my heart.

I've been so involved with living my dream and giving myself time to breath, that I haven't taken notice of the time that slips away, so quickly.  I was reading my past posts, and looked up at the date, it was 2009.  Wow, I'm slipping.

I have been working with a client lately, and notice subtle comments and am aware of things that I use to get frustrated about and now realize why.  First off, these frustrations are coaching moments, when a person may not have experienced what I know.  Instead of walking away and creating all sorts of tension, it's easy enough to think of a strategy to articulate it so they may connect the dots.

I am in a situation where it is critical that the two of us communicate what is going on to make sure the impacts are little.  I ask questions, and she doesn't really explain it.  At first, I thought she was holding back information, but as I listen and observe, I realize, this isn't intentional.  She really doesn't get what she is doing.  So, in the meantime, I go directly to the source(s) and gain a deep understanding of where we are at and the impacts.  And continue to teach through speaking.  My words are bold and strong and I realize it doesn't help to get frustrated.

Another person confronts her, she really doesn't know.  But it is good that she is open and asks questions and apologizes when she misinterprets.  This is the only way we can learn is by staying open to positive feedback.  Be willing to change and make an impact.

I continue to learn patience.  I suppose this process of 'understanding and patience' will take me until my ripe old age.

The little changes and adjustments will make a big difference in the lives of others around us.

Pay attention to the small things, the one or two words we use.  They can resonate in a very good way.

Have a GREAT day everyone. <3

No comments: