- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (using a paddle attachment if you have one), cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients. Mix until fully combined.
- Divide the dough into two balls and flatten each into a disk shape. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough until 1/4'' thick. Cut the cookies with your favorite shape cutters and place them 1'' apart on a nonstick or parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until light golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the sheet for a few minutes before removing them. Allow to cool completely and store