Friday, January 10, 2014

Daily Post #10: Adventure...

An amazing thing happened to me today, I had several conversations and here is what I heard (note: there were several threaded conversations, but these were the key themes)...

What do you want on your tomstone or
If you only had 1 week to live, how would you want to live your life to be remembered?

I see the importance of "Living in the moment" or "being there when a person needs you most," and " to not let other people guide your life."

I am more aware of those people who control their own thoughts, actions and experiences or control other people by warning them and giving their opinions and judgements, because fear gets in their way.  When I am with individuals like this, I lose myself, and end up going down "someone else's path."  I have learned through the years, there are signs to alert me and I need to choose, 'me' and 'my individual focus' or 'follow them.'

The effort it takes to have a simple conversation or an ongoing relationship can be strained, one-way and very intense.  I always choose to keep myself intact and never lose myself in the process.  It's best to be wise in who you choose to be with.  It is important to be open to relationships and new acquaintances.  You never know the impact one conversation can have on their (and even your own) lives.

Going back to the original question: What I want to be remembered most is....

"That I am available and listen, I am creative and innovative, I care and I made a difference in people's lives.  

So simple and true.  Hence the theme of 2014 for me.

No comments: