Thursday, January 30, 2014

Daily Post #15: I've always been curious.

I've always been curious.  
Who would you like to have lunch with? I learned that Diane Sawyer keeps a list of people whom she would love to have lunch with.  I thought this was a really interesting idea and telling.  I considered this as well, who I would like to get lunch with, either well-known people that I either respect, thought to be intriguing or admire. So, I draft a list, to include people who are still living, those I greatly admire or people that I find to be intriguing and those who I would love to sit down with for a little while and learn more about who they are and how they got to where they are today, simply listen to their story.


Some questions I would consider asking are:

  • How did you get to where you are today?  How did you survive it all?  What were the biggest setbacks for you and why?  What were some of your obstacles and how did you overcome
    them?
  • You made some tough decisions, looking back, what was your strategy and if there was one created, the framework that you developed from the outcome of your decisions.
  • If you could give yourself advice at age 20, what advice would you tell your younger self?
  • What is your favorite color?


These are people on my list and my reasons for choosing them.  I tried focusing on the basic concepts, Eat, Sleep and Live.  Eat covers body, those people who care about taking care of body through nourishment and exercise.  Sleep covers rest, those people who understand being in the moment and giving self rest and spiritual awareness, those people who live life now to create memories. I also picked those individuals who are doing things that I aspire to do or who I have watched and admire.


If you could lunch with any 10 people (alive) today, who would you love to have lunch with? This is my list:

  1. George Clooney - I have asperations to produce a big screen movie and want to connect with George to learn more about the process and see if he would help mentor me to create this dream into fruition.
  2. Mary Tyler Moore - I loved watching her show and want to just sit with her and listen to what she has to say now.
  3. Barack Obama - Just to listen to his stories with his guard down, no screens or filters.
  4. Barbara Walters - To hear it from her, rather than reading it in a book or seeing her on the screen.  I want to see what she really is made of without all the glitze, glammer and make-up.
  5. Ben Bernanke - one of the greatest federal chairmen of all times, Ben Bernanke, has been the Federal Reserve Chairman who faced challenges unlike any other since the great depression, a global financial crisis that threatened to become financial Armageddon and followed by a deep recession.  "He made tough, courageous and sometimes unpopular decisions."  
  6. Dalai Lama - spiritual leader and living life now.
  7. Sheryl Sandberg - An advocate for women. I'd love to listen to what she has to say with her guard down.
  8. Dr. Oz - To hear how he eats; his diet, his workout routine and why he does what he does.
  9. Rachael Ray - cooking show.  I’d love to sit down at Rachael’s table and eat some of her amazing food and hear how she got to where she is today.
  10. Nora Roberts - I’d like to learn more about her writing.  I read a lot of her books and would love to hear her story, and what process she goes through to make her writing come to life.

I have my list, what is your list of people you would love to have lunch with?

No comments: