Saturday, January 4, 2014

Daily Post #4: Abjure

I feel chewed up and spit out these days.

I read nothing but bad news, people looking for a hand out or want something in return.  Where is the peace, kindness and love in the world?

It's amazing how people are only concerned about themselves.

I met a professional recently, on our first time meeting stated, "I will win by treating everyone with my kindness."  It's working, but it isn't used as a true kindness measure but more of a vice.  Everything is turned upside-down.  I thought to myself, 'I didn't know this was a competition.'  There are many professionals who think this way; the impact is great.  Do people realize what people are dealing with outside of the workplace?  The pressures, anxiety and obstacles each person is dealing with at work, home, or school.    It's so easy to see why people are getting sick.  People see the bad when they are exposed to the media and news, people experience this in their daily lives, and of course, the decisions and impacts from the political economy are taking its toll; like, environment, jobs, money, you name it.

A professional recently told me her story about the tumultuous situation she is currently dealing with at home.  She raises two teenagers as a single parent, with a very little family support.  I won't go into details, but her situation is very grim.  No one would notice the angst she goes through as she sits behind her desk working diligently.  Completing each task with a vengeance, articulating with the accuracy required to support the organization.   The administration doesn't know she went home crying the other day because of the pressures at work and home.  I'm saddened when I write this.  People are painfully sabotaging others without even realizing the impact.  Each person is dealing with something.  Where is the compassion?

If people would take the time to look under the hood, instead of stepping all over people and 'taking care of themselves,' the world would be a kinder more loving place.

You were given this life, because you are strong enough to live it.~unknown

No comments: