Monday, January 6, 2014

Daily Post #6: Progress


I was reading an article by Rachelle Gardner who created “one word” to represent 2014, which is a concise way to give off a theme that relate to our new year’s goals in one simple word.

My word is “progress!”

Over the last year I have become increasingly aware that I need to bring focus to every aspect of my life.  I have so many projects going at once and sometimes it’s hard to take a breath or sleep.  This year, I start with a clean slate.  I focus my intention on the smaller and simpler things.  The first step is to take the load off my plate, peeling layers.  I start with nothing.  This concept has been freeing.   Now, I have been intentional about approaching every task with the urgency it deserves.

By focusing on the word “progress,” I will have a daily reminder to bring my “a-game” each day.  I am lucky enough to have a career I love, that’s because I created it!  I have a number of clients and assignments that promotes progress.  My family and friends deserve the best and it’s time that each moment is more meaningful especially if I consciously apply my full energy to it.

How will I maintain progress?  My goal is to align everything I do this year with progress; in my business, career, community involvement and family.   And my intention is peace, love and kindness.   I plan to fulfill both progress and the intention.  If I stay mindful of this intention I have for my life, it will resonate into my daily activities.  If I get enough exercise, sleep and eat the right foods to keep me energized; it will be easy to maintain and enjoy the exciting projects I lead.  This give the vitality of progress necessary, and now I’m accountable to it.  I am laying the baseline of where I am today and the foundation to lead toward progress by the end of 2014.

Watch out 2014, progress will be made with peace, love and kindness.

Do you have a word, or a goal, for 2014 that you’d like to share? Why did you choose it?

Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.~Unknown.

No comments: