Sunday, February 23, 2014

Daily Post #17: Anyone can start today and make a new ending...


Maria Robinson once said, “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” 

When you stop chasing the wrong things you give the right things a chance to catch you.
This year I made a promise to myself, and these are the key things I've been doing to make a change in my life and this is one of the big ones.  I started with the first one, then the rest came into play.  What happens just in a short few months give me perspective and ownership to me.  It's an amazing process.  

These are the top items!

1. Stop spending time with the wrong people.  This year one of my goals is to solely focusing on my husband and daughter.  As I did this things became quite clear to me.  It took a lot of effort for me to reach out to others when it wasn't reciprocal.  I was reaching, reaching and reaching and there were crickets when I didn't.  With this new focus, I have no pressure.  Just more time to be with my husband and daughter.  I gained a new perspective on the people I choose to place the effort and my choice is much more purposeful.  I have more meaning in my life now.

2. Stop running from your problems.  Face them head on.  I've been watching and observing my life from another perspective and the more I notice the problems I encounter the more I realize I am the crux of those problems.  So, I made a pack with myself, to look at each problem and figure out the root cause and start fixing them, or myself which is what it comes down to.  

3. Stop lying to yourself.  An acquaintance made one observation of me over a year ago, she said, "Kim, have you ever looked at how 'out of integrity your life is'?  Just take some time and list out all of the things you say and do and are they aligned." This was and is an eye-opener.

4. Stop putting your own needs on the back burner.  Yes, help others; but help yourself too.

5. Stop trying to be someone you're not.  This world has a tendency to make 'you like everyone else'.  Don't change so people will like you, be yourself and the right people will love the real you.

6. Stop trying to hold onto the past.  You can only start a new chapter with a clear slate.  Take your last chapters as lessons and experiences, and that's it.  You can't start the chapter if you keep reading your last one over and over again.

7. Stop being scared to make a mistake.  Doing something and getting it wrong is more productive than doing nothing.

8. Stop trying to buy happiness.  The things that truly satisfy you are totally free!  Love, laughter and living our passions.  Open your heart to it, it's amazing what comes in!

9. Stop overlooking the beauty of the small moments.  Enjoy everything, the little things.  Even having a peaceful few moments with a cup of coffee thinking, contemplating, and smiling; this is the best portion of my life.  Small, nameless moments I spend smiling with what matters to me.

10. Stop being ungrateful.  No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day 'thankful for your life'.  Because there is someone else who is desperately fighting for theirs.

I wake up and acknowledge everything positive and am thankful for everything I have in my life!

No comments: