Grandmothers Potato Soup - (not vegan) with (Homemade vegan vegetable broth)
- 5 pealed and cubed organic potatoes
- 3 stalks organic celery
- 3 cloves fresh garlic diced
- 3 large organic carrots chunked 3"
- 1/2 organic sweet onion diced
- juice from can of organic corn
- 1 tablespoon organic tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried chives
- (vegan organic coconut oil) or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste and cook as you like ( use it for the potato water and to taste - (1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 cups Milk
* Can adapt to vegan
Saute garlic celery carrots onions chives until soft (carrots won't be) add water from corn and 3 more cups of water. Simmer on medium until it looses an inch in height. Remove Carrots ( you can dice them and add them if you want to the soup i do not) add tomato paste turn on low until potatoes are ready.
Put potatoes on stove in cold water and turn up heat to boil - cook until el dente - pour water off potatoes completely - add your broth.
Turn stove to medium low add - cream and milk - lightly mash potatoes until you have your desired consistency
heat for 30 minutes on stove. Enjoy
* I also add bacon to mine - diced and added before the 30 minute simmer
* Add butter for flavor if you like at the same time.
* If you like thicker potato soup then this makes add potato flakes to thicken. Stirring well as you add a little at a time then wait for a minute then check thickness.
* If the soup is sweeter (carrot broth) than you like ( add two tablespoons good pickle juice) for a better bite.