Saturday, April 5, 2014

5 Things I Know for Sure...

Today I muse over the joys of a merry life...

The best things take effort.  It takes effort even with natural talents.  You can work to reach a summit, take a breath, look back and say, "Well, that wasn't easy, but here I am and I did it."

Teachers rule the world.  A very powerful experience is when you have people who tell you you are good at something.   Many times this has come from my teachers.  They saw my talent nurtured it and watched it grow.  I think teachers should be paid more.

Be Happy and Live Simply.  Deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories.  Live in the moment, create those memories every moment.  Don't worry about all of the stuff you have or if you are being judged by someone else who think you need to do it their way.  Choose to do it your way.  I've learned this, and it makes me very happy to deposit those memories into my journal.  I am still depositing daily.

Give more. I strongly believe in steward leadership, giving my heart and creativity, life's experiences and support to programs, organizations and individuals who are just starting out.  Not that I'm looking for a return, but, the lifelong friendships, experiences and compassion is something I gain from giving.

Life is too short to dwell on the negative.  So many times in my career, I've run across people who either strategically bully, give negative feedback or use their sexuality (in words and body language) to get somewhere.  This is against my moral grain.  But instead of dwelling on the things I cannot change, I simply let it go.  It doesn't pay to dwell on those things that can't be changed.

No comments: