- 1 c Asparagus
- 1 c Basmati Rice
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 c Mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp Salt (Mineral Salt)
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 1/2 c Water
1. Place water in a medium pot on high heat.
2. While water is heating to a boil, lightly oil a frying pan and sautee mushrooms one inch apart until browned. Add rice to the frying pan and stir to soak up oil in the pan. Add rice, mushroom, salt and black pepper to the boiling water. Bring to a boil then cover and lower heat to a simmer.
3. Meanwhile chop asparagus in 1/2 to inch long lengths. Place remaining oil in a large pot and sautee asparagus until it turns a bright green.
4. Gently mix asparagus into rice after rice has been cooking at least 7 minutes. If you add asparagus too early, it will turn mushy. If you add asparagus too late, you will crush the grains of rice, leading to an oddly-textured meal.
5. Continue cooking, covered, until rice is soft. Serve and & enjoy!