Sunday, September 21, 2014

Crazy Running Gal: Wyoming State #34

Wyoming has lots of wide open terrain with sprits of high altitude hills (which I kept mistakenly saying mountains, because it looked like them to me).  My little car is not use to the altitude, it would slow down each time driving up a long swerving hill.  But, we made it around.


We stayed at a very nice bed & breakfast in the hills called Sawin Logs.  I would strongly suggest staying here if you are chillin' in Wyoming.  I wish we could have stayed there longer.  Next time.

This 3rd, 34th half marathon in my series of 50 states to run, was tough for me.


I came in slow.  I suppose running back-to-back in 2 days, says it all.  And those rubber bands, this time I had to grab 9 of them total.  My garmin wasn't working well and was off, but that's okay this time.

All done for this series.  Now I can rest, then start training again for my next set of states, which will be the Appalachian Series, 4 states in a row.  I can do this!


Thanks for reading my blog, it is a fun adventure to reach my goal of 50 states by the time I'm 50 years old.  (I am secretly adding another goal to attach to this, and that is reaching 100 lifetime half marathons by the time I'm fifty.  I think I can do it, since I'm already at 68).

Traveled 2,500 miles only $200 for gas this trip (Love it when gas prices go down).  Woot!

Stay tuned!

No comments: