Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Crazy Running Gal: State #38 - South Carolina

My feet have had it.  This is the first time running 13.1 miles 4 days in a row, in a while anyway. When I was younger I use to train running 10-14 miles every day for my first marathon.  Things have changed a bit, or should I say, changed lots.  (I'll spare you the details about my physical problems).

I'm proud of my accomplishments this week.  I ran 4 half marathons in 4 new states, WV, VA, NC, and SC.

There were approximately 100 runners, race-walkers, runners, and walkers.  I came in 1st female today, and 3rd overall.  I think many were saving themselves for tomorrows final run, which I am not doing.  So, I toughed it out, running through the puddles, and in some cases, splashing through streams of water at least 1 foot deep.  My shoes and running gear were sopping wet when I finished.  I knew I had to trudge through because I had a 13 hour car drive back to the midwest.

What a great accomplishment!


I can happily show 4 more states, where I ran a 1/2 marathon, are now COMPLETE!

No comments: