Information: Free of Dairy, egg, corn, soy, gluten, grain.
- 1.5 tbsp flaxmeal or chia seed meal (use golden flax or white chia seeds to avoid flecks in the crust)
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp maple
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour I use Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- variations: add spices or zest
- In small bowl, combine flaxmeal, water, maple and oil. Let it sit for 2 minutes. Mix in the vinegar, and spice. In a large bowl mix almond flour and salt. Add flax mixture. Mix well to make a smooth dough. You will have to press and drag so the flax mixture gets incorporated. 1 to 2 minutes. Add a tsp or more water if needed.
- Pat the dough down into a flat round disc on parchment. Flatten evenly as much as you can by hand. Place another parchment on top and Roll it out to 10 or so inch circle, By lightly moving the rolling pin from one end to the other. The dough will crack at the edges, which is fine. Place the pie or tart dish on the rolled out dough. Carefully flip, Press down on parchment to transfer dough to the dish, then remove the parchment. Shape the edges.
- Bake at pre-heated 350 degrees for 20 to 22 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. Cool and use.
- Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Pie / Tart
- Allergen Information: Free of dairy, egg, gluten, grain, soy.
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or other non dairy milk
- 1.5 Tbsp starch, like cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1.5 cups pumpkin puree like this or sweet potato puree, 1 15 oz can
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or ground raw sugar (use less if using semi sweet chocolate instead of dark chocolate)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or (3/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ginger, generous pinch of cloves and nutmeg)
- 3 oz Theo 70% dark chocolate (2/3 cup dark chocolate)
- 1/2 cup vegan semi sweet chocolate likeEnjoy Life Semi Sweet Mega Chunks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add milk and starch and mix well. Add pumpkin, sugar and spices and mix well. Cook to bring to a boil. 5 minutes.
- Take off heat. Add dark and semi sweet chocolate and let sit for 2 minutes. Then mix well until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix in. Taste and adjust sweet if needed.
- Pour in baked crust like the Almond crust above or any other pie/tart crust. Even it out using a spatula.
- Chill 2 to 3 hours and serve. For clean slices, Put it in the freezer for half an hour to an hour. then slice. Serve as is or with whipped coconut cream or a drizzle of salted caramel.
Variations: add in liquor of choice when you add vanilla extract.
*This is a bittersweet Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Pie. Use all Semi Sweet chocolate make regular Chocolate Pumpkin Pie.