Monday, April 27, 2015

Crazy Running Gal: Here we go, chipping away...

Here we go!!!

I've been on the road for over a week and the past two days have been for my running trip. This time around I've been diligent in recording every mile, cost and hour it took to get here so far.

According to my calculations:
  • For this running trip I have recorded 12:50 hours on the road,
  • Starting Sunday driving 768 miles (and over 1,976 from the start of the trip from the Midwest to Florida, and finally here),
  • Fueling up with 22.39 Gallons of gas and,
  • An average of 2.4357 Price Per Gallon.  

(Side note: Gol' I wonder what my numbers would look like if I recorded all those 100+ runs and trips I took to get there in my lifetime? Maybe I should make some guesstimates.)

Those numbers are crazy so far, phew!

I finished today's trip in Maryland, and of course, I am near the west side of Baltimore, which is, by the way, where all those riots are going on. Lots of sirens and cop cars passing me on the hwy when coming in and this evening the sirens have not stopped.  In fact, the CNN said 15 policemen were injured with broken bones and the TV shows police cars on fire. Police can't handle it and they may call in national guard soldiers. Plus, they cancelled the baseball game tonight because of violence. 

I'm staying inside tonight, just the sounds of sirens are freaking me out.

While Baltimore appears to be holding some sort of Warrior Dash of its own, I plan for my next #crazyrunninggal #running venture.

My crazy running goal has been to "stay with it daily" and
  • To complete a 1/2 in these remaining states during 2015: AK CT DE HI MA MD ME NH NJ OR RI UT.  
This week I will be running MD, DE and NJ.  

My first race starts in Maryland.

Stay tuned. :)

#‎Kimssüperawesome2015‬ #50halfmarathonsinfiftystates #Roadtrip

No comments: