Saturday, April 11, 2015
Daily Post: 15 Reasons Why Travelers Are More Likely To Be Successful... (by: Tracey Tullis)
Here are 15 reasons why frequent travelers are more likely to be successful because of that:
1. They Know how to Thrive Outside their Comfort ZoneFrequent travelers are in unfamiliar situations regularly. They must work through the unknown because of necessity. Faced with countless new experiences they learn valuable coping strategies that help them shoulder uncertainty and remain calm and effective. This is a key skill for success in both business and leading people.
2. They Welcome and Embrace Change Travelers invite novelty. People constantly surrounded by new and different things avoid boredom and learn to focus better. This way of thinking inspires innovation and creativity.
3. They Know how to Manage their Emotions Frequent travelers experience varying levels of stress routinely; tight flight connections, interrogations by border guards, and rude hotel staff can all cause ones nerves to fray. Travelers hone the ability to manage emotions and remain calm under pressure developing keen self-awareness. Being self-aware increases productivity and helps people find what makes them happy in life, the ultimate success.
4. They Trust and don’t Always Need to be in ControlTravelers have to rely on people they don’t know all the time. They deal with language barriers, cab drivers in strange cities and are often dependent on the kindness of strangers. Accepting the fact they can’t always be in control helps them build new relationships. They develop confidence in their ability to choose friends and acquaintances that are genuine and trustworthy.
5. They Manage Fear and move Past itThe key to success is taking action. When you travel a lot you put yourself in situations where there is no turning back.This makes people face fears head on and develop coping skills to take action despite the fear.
6. They Recognize and Seize Opportunities Travelers have a wider breadth of experience and knowledge about the world. They learn new and better ways of doing things being exposed to different customs and cultures. This knowledge helps them recognize opportunities to improve and innovate at home and in the places they visit.
7. They Know how to Negotiate to get What they Want Travelers negotiate to avoid being taken advantage of. Good negotiating skills are needed to get what you want or need without becoming pushy or aggressive. This skill is important in influencing others and helping them understand and accept your ideas in business and as a leader.
8. They see Beauty Where Most don’t Frequent travelers see many different types of things and train their brains to focus on the beautiful. Constant novelty keeps the mind and the eyes sharp. People who travel see beauty where others see the ordinary. This skill belongs to great photographers, poetic writers and fertilizes the garden where inspiration grows.
9. They are More Confident and Know how to Fake Confidence when VulnerablePeople who travel a lot learn to rely on themselves and are confident that they can accomplish what they want to. This belief helps them to be persistent in the face of obstacles and recover better after failure because of that.
10. They Better Understand Differences in People and are More Accepting Travelers are always meeting new people. They become good at asking questions to learn about the people they meet and what their opinions are on their city and culture. The questions come naturally because of travelers curiosity and desire to learn about the places they visit. This inspires great conversations that help travelers understand and accept the person and their views on a deeper level. They make friends easily and are loved by many because of this.
11. They Know When to live in the Moment Learning to live in the moment has many mental and physical benefits. Frequent travelers know their time in a place is fleeting. This helps them think to live in the moment more than average.
12. They Smile More and feel Happiness More Often Studies show travel makes us happy. Frequent travelers smile more than average because they explore new places regularly. They feel happy because they get to meet different people, see incredible sights, eat new and delicious food. That living in the moment skill helps with happiness to.
13.They Understand the Importance of Listening This is a life skill that a lot of people struggle with. Learning to focus and really listen to what people tell us is so important to success in life. Achieving success is about building relationships and you build strong relationships understanding people. People who travel a lot know you really need to listen to have good understanding.
14. They are Less Judgmental and More Empathetic Great leaders know the ability to relate to others gains loyalty and moves business forward. Frequent travelers learn to show empathy and avoid being judgmental because of that. Empathy comes from a willingness to understand, people who travel come by that willingness naturally
15. They may not be Rich but they Know how to Save and Spend Wisely
Frequent travelers know where their money goes farther. Making the world your home you can choose places based on cost of living. People who travel and work can make less and live well in a lot of countries.
Travel inspires and educates in a ways that build character and develop skills naturally. Frequent travelers learn these skills and are more likely to be a success as a result.
~￼ Tracey Tullis