I decided to try to stay away from mayonnaise and trying to make my meals for work, having meals and fruit available for when I get hungry. Also, drinking more water and my daughter got me on this lemon oil with water kick. I try to mix it up each week incorporating good fruits and vegetables to ensure I am getting all the nutrients and vitamins. So this week, it's tuna sandwiches with a little avocado to the mix.
What you need:
- 2 cans of flaked light tuna
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 red apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- 1 T pickle juice (or water-if using increase salt slightly)
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to make it:
- In a large bowl, mash up avocado with the back of a fork or potato masher.
- Add in tuna, celery, red onion, apple and walnuts. Mix well.
- Add in pickle juice, dried dill, dijon, cumin and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve on bread, top on salad or eat plain.
- Will keep up to 1 week in refrigerator.