Monday, February 22, 2016

Wisconsin Ironman: Training thoughts

Training Thoughts as of right now.

 I sit here wondering, why is it that I set my alarm for the wee hours of the morning, with an intention to get up and workout, to find myself waking up to the alarm, then hitting snooze several times.


Wake up a half hour later, thinking, "Okay, I'll get up and go to Yoga."

I get up, prepare for that, then say to myself, "Maybe I'll go for a swim."

Putts for a while on the computer, then say, "Maybe I'll go to the gym instead." 

Then I talk myself out of that, saying, "I can go down to the basement and run on the treadmill."

Not only did I waste my entire 3 hours of work out time, but I sit here without doing any of it.

I say, "I have tonight."

For me,
Right now,
It's a mental game!

I let myself be:
Frustrated...
Angry at myself..
Defeated...

This is not how it is suppose to be.
I say to myself, "Turn this thing around!"
Solve the problem.
Change the behavior.
This will not work going forward.

This is my Wisconsin Ironman journey.

No comments: