Wednesday, March 23, 2016

My Artist Statement

My Vision and Passion Makes a Lasting impression, Motivating people to believe and transform. Since I was little, I've always been fascinated by how people tick, wondering why people do what they do. I imagine their story as I take long walks outside in nature. I love smelling the flowers, while watching the clouds form different shapes in the sky. I would write stories about it, sketch pictures in my notebook.  From the beginning, the process of transforming a blank white paper into a vibrant picture struck me as magical. And, over the years, the magical process led me from sketching to painting stories.

Writing stories about people, sharing their background and experiences; and putting the pieces together on paper fills me with a sense of accomplishment and happiness. This has proven to be a good way for me to share my stories in a way that people can relate. With each piece of work, whether it is a published story, a play I produced or a painting on canvas, I try to convey my life expression through color and story.

Recently, I discovered some childhood drawings: they were simple, crayoned patchworks that resonate with my paintings and stories. This inspired me to get out my canvas, pick up my brushes again. I love the mystery of how the painting process works. The product I develop are rich landscapes and portraits explored through the lens of vibrant colors, patterns, and textures, pieced together and captivated by the story before me.

No comments: