Sunday, March 13, 2016

Wisconsin Ironman: Swim Stroke Revision

Before I started I thought, "Poor coach."
Getting suggestions from a master coach, who is also my close friend. Stroke refinement. This is going to be interesting. 

I've been doing the same swimming, which isn't much, since I was taught back when I was 8 years old and earlier, it's going to take boulders to make the adjustments. Especially when I can't see what I'm doing. The biggest switch will be moving from 2-stroke one-sided breathing to 3-stroke two-sided breathing. All I can say is my coach has a LOT of patience!!!!

After I got some wise lessons from my coach:
I learned that the form allows you to cut the water for speed, you build even strength and conditioning on both sides of your body, you swim straight (not crooked) and you keep a more consistent stroke. I am proud of myself. Coach said I caught on quickly, and now I just need to keep practicing. 

I am more confident already, but it will take time to practice.

No comments: