Sunday, August 7, 2016

CrazyRunninggal: Bridge of the God's - State 47

Spectacular view!  Wow.  That's what I kept saying around every turn. 

We started in Washington, then ran over the Bridge of the God's to Cascade Locks, Oregon. 

The majority of the run was is Oregon, this is my 47th state.

What a view!  

I had to bring my camera along this time and this is not a normal occurrence for me.  (I do not like carrying anything when I run) But, this run was different.  I knew we would be climbing a mountain, and there would be spectacular sites at each glance.

There were stairs to climb, several flights. (Luckily, I do a little stair master climbing in my daily workouts, sure did help).
This time around, I did it in okay time. I finished with 2:23. My time is starting to improve, now that I can focus on my running again, no longer required to get a bike or swim in, which took away from my running focus.  I do like to bike and swim, but I will do it in my own time, not because training is forced.



On a side note, took the max back to Portland after dropping off my car. I've taken the Bart in CA, Marta in GA, Metra in Chi IL, MTA in NY and now the Max in Oregon. I've also taken transit international Czech, Spain, Italy, France, Greece, and Ireland, Etc .


There's always a good time had by all, when traveling and reconnecting with friends. Had enough time to visit with friends.

Made a stop at Salt and Straw​ ice creme on Alberta street for dessert. They had flavors like Honey Lavender, Pear and Blue Cheese, and Freckled Woodblock Chocolate to name a few. The line went on for a block, people stood in line outside the door and around the block. They asked each person what samples they'd like, and brought out 7 spoons for us to taste before ordering our unique flavor. What fun! and a great birthday treat for Rebecca​'s celebration.

There's always something magical about running into a tribute to a fellow children's book author, Beverly Atlee Cleary is an American writer of children's and young adult fiction. One of America's most successful living authors, 91 million copies of her books have been sold worldwide since her first book was published in 1950.

I had so much fun in Portland, Oregon. Always a new experience, as I 'reach, stretch and grow.' 

Next state coming soon...

No comments: